If you’re like me and love downloading new apps to try but end up using them once and find yourself with a messy collection of useless apps, then your phone might need help. With a bit of deleting, organizing, and moving you can give your eyes a break and actually feel less anxious and distracted while looking at your phone. Here’s how I do it, and I’m positive you’ll feel better after trying it too.
- Delete everything you don’t use. All those games and time management apps you never gave yourself the time to try- all of it. I deleted Twitch and Tinder without hesitating to see any new matches or messages. That’s the sacrifice for a more well organized phone.
- Categories your apps into folders. All of my google apps I put into a “Google” folder. Now I don’t need to search to find the google app. Talk about ease of access.
- Move all the junk you can’t delete to the next screen. (settings, App Store, calander, etc.) Out of sight, out of mind..
- Move 4 app you use the most to the bottom docking area and 4 to the very top. The bottom ones are closest to your thumb and that much quicker to open when pressing the home button. The 4 on top are there so you don’t have to click on a folder, but anymore than 4 and you’ll be cluttered again. The key is simplicity.
- Enjoy the ease and simplicity of a well kept home screen.
Everytime I clean my phone like this there’s a sense fulfillment, accomplishment, and satisfaction. A less cluttered screen is less for your eyes to see and interpret (less thinking), which give you more time on the apps you actually use. I really encourage people to try this out and share this post if it helped. Thanks!